The right way to prepare for IAS Exam:
The IAS Prelims syllabus is such that some sections are easier to score off than others. You should aim to cover these sections on priority. So which are the scoring areas for CSAT? Current Affairs, GK, Polity, English Comprehension, Passage, Maps are some of the topics that can fetch you good marks with less effort. Cover these early on. After you’ve done this and have time at disposal go for the other topics like Mental Ability, History, Science, and so on.
A smart approach combined with hard work is the right way to prepare for the IAS exam.
Do the right things to gain an edge over your competition:
1. Get the right Books for IAS Prelims
2. Start preparing at least 10 months before the Prelims
3. Solve past year questions to test yourself
4. Cover the scoring sections early
5. Cover the syllabus strategically. Don’t go for a “prepare all” approach for IAS prelims
6. Balance paper 1 and 2